A meeting between the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and the national leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities has just ended at the State House in Abuja.
ASUU’s President, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, led national officers of the union to the meeting, which started at 3pm.
Though the union leaders did not address State House Correspondents after the meeting ended, the agenda was said to be the integrated payroll and personnel information system,which the Federal Government directed all Ministries, Departments and Agencies to join.
However, ASUU has consistently opposed the policy, which the government claimed saved up to N250billion as of October 2019.
At the meeting, ASUU reportedly presented its position on the issue to Buhari.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige and the Minister of Finance/Budget/National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, also attended the meeting.
- Power Plant Operator (Gas Plant) in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- Purchasing Officer in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- HR Officer (Factory) in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- Massive Ongoing Recruitment in a Financial Investment Company in Nigeria for Graduates
- Lethal Machine Operator at Inner Galaxy Steel Company Limited
- Politics14 hours ago
BREAKING: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Edo Election
- National News21 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Faults President Buhari On Appointment Of Judges
- National News19 hours ago
BREAKING: FG, NLC Agree To Meet Over Electricity, Fuel Hike
- Politics3 hours ago
Check Out The States Controlled By PDP, APC After Edo Election (Full List)
- Metro21 hours ago
UPDATED: Graphic Photos, Video Of People Severely Burnt To Death In Petrol Tanker Explosion In Kogi