The Lagos State Government has directed all pupils/students in public and private schools to stay at home following the tension generated by the #EndSARS protests.
Commissioner for Education, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo, who issued the directive, said the safety of the pupils/students, parents and all staff working in schools was paramount “at this critical period.”
She, however, advised parents to keep an eye on their wards and not allow them to be used as willing tools in the hands of those who might want to hijack the protests to unleash mayhem on the society.
The Commissioner also encouraged schools to utilise other means of distance teaching and learning such as radio, television and online media as they have been doing during and post COVID-19 lockdown.
According to Adefisayo, a new date of resumption for all classes will be announced as soon as possible.
- Semsey Job Recruitment 2020 (5 Positions)
- United Bank for Africa Plc ( UBA Recruitment 2020) for Head of Financial Control
- Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology Recruitment 2020
- Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2020
- Teaching Job Vacancies in Rivers at Angelic Prince and Princess Nursery and Primary School
- Metro18 hours ago
JUST IN: Court dissolves 10-year marriage over marathon sex In Ibadan
- Education15 hours ago
Shocking!! 17-year-old Girl Who Got A1 In All Subjects In WAEC Is Dead (Photo)
- News20 hours ago
CNN Shares New Video Showing Soldiers Shooting at Lekki Toll Gate Protesters
- News18 hours ago
BREAKING: Motorcyclists, Prison Warders Clash in Ibadan
- Education21 hours ago
ASUU To Review Strike This Week