Luiz insists the decision to leave Chelsea was made before Arsenal declared their interest in him.
David Luiz has opened up on the “honest” talks with Frank Lampard, before leaving Chelsea for Arsenal.
The Brazilian swapped Stamford Bridge for the Emirates in the summer, following the appointment of his ex-Blues teammate, Lampard.
Luiz insists the decision to leave Chelsea was made before Arsenal declared their interest in him, despite only penning fresh terms in west London in May.
“I decided to leave Chelsea before there was contact with Arsenal,” he told The Telegraph.
“People do not know that but I decided early to leave Chelsea. After that I had contact with Arsenal and I took a decision which everybody knows was not easy.
“Me and Lampard, we had honest conversations. Man to man, me and him. His ideas of football were different to mine. We just agreed: ‘OK, we move on’. In an honest way, in a mature way.
“We played together, we won together. We won the Champions League, the Europa League, everything together. It was done in a mature way.”
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria as of September 21st 2020
- Latest Jobs In Agege Lagos for Accountant at Pukka Logistics & Support Services Limited
- Agrostory Nigeria 2020 Farm Training Internship Programme for Nigerians
- Vacancies in Lekki, Lagos at Genesis Group for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- National News20 hours ago
APC rejects Edo governorship election result
- National News3 hours ago
COVID-19: FG Launches Online Portal For Nigerians To Access N75billion Survival Fund
- National News13 hours ago
FG opens online portal for Nigerians to access N75billion survival fund
- National News18 hours ago
The day you kill a ‘yahoo soldier’ is when you’ll be in deep trouble – Man in military uniform threatens SARS officers (video)
- Politics13 hours ago
Ohanaeze youths react on Obaseki’s victory, issues PDP ultimatum ahead of 2023 elections