The EFCC, Enugu Zone, today Monday, October 14, 2019, secured the conviction of one Samuel Orie alias SCOTT GIBB, a serving NYSC member before Justice I.N Buba of the Federal High Court, Enugu on one count of impersonation and obtaining by false pretence to the tune of $150.
Orie was arrested on August 23, 2019 based on intelligence regarding his fraudulent activities. He fraudulently presented himself as Mr. Scott Gibb, an American contractor travelling around the world and using his email address to wit: [email protected] with the intent to obtain money from unsuspecting victims on the internet and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22(3) (b) and punishable under Section 22(4) of the Cybercrimes(Prohibition Prevention)Act 2015. .
Justice Buba convicted Orie and sentenced him to one month imprisonment starting from the date of his arrest. He is also to forfeit the sum of $150 and his Techno Camon M phone.
- Citibank Recruitment 2020 for Treasury Risk Manager
- Latest Job Vacancies at Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society (CEMCS) Limited
- Latest Job in Ogun State for Sales Executives at Coleman Cables and Wires
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria as of September 21st 2020
- Latest Jobs In Agege Lagos for Accountant at Pukka Logistics & Support Services Limited
- Education11 hours ago
UNILORIN Announces Resumption of Classes
- Health22 hours ago
COVID-19: FG Issues Fresh Warning As Schools Finally Resume
- Politics21 hours ago
Edo 2020: APC Issues Fresh Directive To Oshiomhole, Others
- Metro13 hours ago
Ex-Minister Allegedly Strips Four Of His Hotel Staff Over N5000 (Photos)
- Education18 hours ago
BREAKING: Edo University Orders Students To Resume