The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate in the Kogi West Senatorial supplementary election, Dino Melaye, has condemned the results announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Melaye described it as “Magic results.”
In a series of tweets, the former Senator vowed to contest the results, stressing that “illegality shall never stand.”
He wrote: “16 out of 24 units where the supplementary election was conducted today in Kabba/Bunu LG has been cancelled. This speaks volumes of the disaster called election.
“A situation where APC agents were the ones issuing INEC result sheets at the pooling units is phenomenal.
“I am very proud of the electorate in Kogi West. You voted me today but prepared results were already in place. We will fight to the end. illegality shall never stand. Magic results everywhere.- SDM.”
It was reported that Olayinde Lawal, the returning officer of the Saturday’s supplementary election had declared Smart Adeyemi of the All Progressives Congress, APC, winner at the poll.
The APC candidate got 88,373 votes to defeat Dino Melaye of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), his closest challenger, who polled 62,133 votes.
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria as of September 21st 2020
- Latest Jobs In Agege Lagos for Accountant at Pukka Logistics & Support Services Limited
- Agrostory Nigeria 2020 Farm Training Internship Programme for Nigerians
- Vacancies in Lekki, Lagos at Genesis Group for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- National News20 hours ago
APC rejects Edo governorship election result
- National News3 hours ago
COVID-19: FG Launches Online Portal For Nigerians To Access N75billion Survival Fund
- National News13 hours ago
FG opens online portal for Nigerians to access N75billion survival fund
- National News18 hours ago
#BBNaija: Ozo is the man that most men are too cowardly and scared to be – Uti Nwachukwu writes after the housemate’s eviction
- National News17 hours ago
The day you kill a ‘yahoo soldier’ is when you’ll be in deep trouble – Man in military uniform threatens SARS officers (video)