According to a Twitter user, the state government sent out a circular to schools across the state to wipe out the usage of WhatsApp groups.
The use of WhatsApp groups in schools has been reportedly banned by the Katsina state government.
Katsina is the home state of incumbent Nigerian president, Muhammadu Buhari.
WhatsApp Messenger, or simply WhatsApp, is an American freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook, Inc. The Group section allows people to chat with multiple users at a time.
According to Twitter user, @fuoyesmilegist1, the state government sent out a circular to schools across the state to wipe out the usage of WhatsApp groups.
The letter dated December 7th, 2020 was reportedly signed by Muhammad Sada Dikko, the AD SMES in the state.
The Statement Read;
“I am directed to write and inform all the principals to direct the various Group Admin in their respective schools to wipe out the so called school WhatsApp.
2. The abolishing of this group becomes necessary due to the various postings being made which create problems and insubordination between the school authority and the staff.
3. Principals should also remind their staff about the Government Circular that prohibit any civil servant from commenting positively or negatively on Government act”
Kastina bans whatsapp group in schools. pic.twitter.com/V1Cn9pDt41
— SmilegistNG (@fuoyesmilegist1) December 8, 2020
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of NEWS 4 NAIJA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]
- Job for Public Relation Officer at Westforte Global Nigeria Limited
- Job Opportunity for Redistribution Van Sales Executive at Multipro Consumer Product Limited
- Job for Senior HR Officer at Malaria Consortium
- Job for Loan Officers | Marketers at Revent Global Finance
- FHI 360 Recruitment 2021 for Senior Finance and Administrative Officer