Ademola Adam. November 24 2019
The federal government during the weekend said it has abolished the policy of catchment areas in the admission of new students into federal government-owned universities and has threatened sanction against universities that contravene this decision.
The Federal government said the new policy would commence from 2020.
President Muhammadu Buhari disclosed this at the 45th convocation ceremony of the University of Benin in Edo State.
The President who was represented by the Deputy Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Suleiman Yusuf directed all federal universities to ensure that every local government, all states and all geopolitical zones are represented in their admission of the new entrance.
Before the recent development, the Catchment policy at the course of admission enable a higher percentage of candidates for admission consideration, selected based on catchment area.
- Citibank Recruitment 2020 for Treasury Risk Manager
- Latest Job Vacancies at Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society (CEMCS) Limited
- Latest Job in Ogun State for Sales Executives at Coleman Cables and Wires
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria as of September 21st 2020
- Latest Jobs In Agege Lagos for Accountant at Pukka Logistics & Support Services Limited
- Health11 hours ago
COVID-19: FG Issues Fresh Warning As Schools Finally Resume
- Politics10 hours ago
Edo 2020: APC Issues Fresh Directive To Oshiomhole, Others
- Education7 hours ago
BREAKING: Edo University Orders Students To Resume
- Politics7 hours ago
BREAKING: I Will Show No Mercy To Oshiomhole – Obaseki
- Metro2 hours ago
Ex-Minister Allegedly Strips Four Of His Hotel Staff Over N5000 (Photos)