The Federal Government has made known its intention to regulate the social media.
This was made known by Lai Mohammed, Information Minister.
Mr. Mohammed said no responsible government would sit back and allow such activities capable of setting the country on fire to continue unchecked
“It has reached a level that the government may just no longer fold its arms and allow this to continue,” the minister who has severally denied reports that the present administration intends to gag the media said.
Social media has been one of the channels where purveyors of fake news circulate false information to mislead the public.
The decision to regulate the social media comes weeks after the government increased fines for hate speech, an action that has been described as a move to silent critics of the administration.
- Semsey Job Recruitment 2020 (5 Positions)
- United Bank for Africa Plc ( UBA Recruitment 2020) for Head of Financial Control
- Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology Recruitment 2020
- Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2020
- Teaching Job Vacancies in Rivers at Angelic Prince and Princess Nursery and Primary School
- Metro17 hours ago
JUST IN: Court dissolves 10-year marriage over marathon sex In Ibadan
- Education14 hours ago
Shocking!! 17-year-old Girl Who Got A1 In All Subjects In WAEC Is Dead (Photo)
- News19 hours ago
CNN Shares New Video Showing Soldiers Shooting at Lekki Toll Gate Protesters
- News17 hours ago
BREAKING: Motorcyclists, Prison Warders Clash in Ibadan
- Education20 hours ago
ASUU To Review Strike This Week