Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has hit back at Pep Guardiola, after the Manchester City manager accused Sadio Mane of diving.
City face title rivals Liverpool this weekend and Guardiola has already started the mind-games ahead of the fixture.
Speaking over the weekend, Guardiola said: “It’s happened a lot for Liverpool in the last years [scoring late on].
“It’s because [Mane] is a special talent. Sometimes he’s diving, sometimes he has this talent to score incredible goals in the last minute. He’s a talent.”
Klopp has leapt to the defence of Mane, however, and insists the in-form Liverpool attack is “not a diver”.
Asked about Guardiola’s comments on Monday afternoon, the Reds boss told a press conference: “I am not in a Man City mood at the moment. I am not 100 per cent sure he only talks about Sadio.
“I don’t know how he could have known about the incident so soon after the game. But I can say, Sadio is not a diver.
“There was contact at Aston Villa, no penalty but there was contact. It’s not like he jumped over someone’s leg. All the other situations were penalties.
“If they happened for City they would want a penalty.”
- Power Plant Operator (Gas Plant) in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- Purchasing Officer in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- HR Officer (Factory) in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- Massive Ongoing Recruitment in a Financial Investment Company in Nigeria for Graduates
- Lethal Machine Operator at Inner Galaxy Steel Company Limited
- Politics15 hours ago
BREAKING: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Edo Election
- National News21 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Faults President Buhari On Appointment Of Judges
- National News19 hours ago
BREAKING: FG, NLC Agree To Meet Over Electricity, Fuel Hike
- Politics4 hours ago
Check Out The States Controlled By PDP, APC After Edo Election (Full List)
- Metro21 hours ago
UPDATED: Graphic Photos, Video Of People Severely Burnt To Death In Petrol Tanker Explosion In Kogi