One Olusola Owoeye has been jailed for two years in the UK for falsely claiming over £114,000 after saying she was homeless while renting out her own house.
Daily Mail reports that the 49-year-old mother of three, who came to the UK from Nigeria in 2002, bought her own home before claiming she had been made homeless and was then given a flat by her local council
She then rented out her original property – which she had purchased with a fraudulent mortgage – charging tenants up to £820 a month.
Owoeye is thought to be the first person in London to be convicted of fraud after receiving payments while under ‘no recourse to public funds’ (NRPF) immigration status.
She pocketed more than £114,000 over five years. She may no have to sell her home to pay back money to Bexley Council in south-east London.
While sentencing her, Judge Jonathan Mann QC, told her: ‘There is only one reason you did what you did and this is because you are greedy. For you, this was money for nothing.’
- Latest Job Opportunities at Total Secure Nigeria ( 3 Positions )
- Current Job Vacancies at Services Beverages Africa Limited
- Job for Bid and Tender Admin at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Contract Admin Personnel at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Local Content Analyst at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Metro18 hours ago
NCS Set To Publish Names, Photos Of Fleeing Prisoners In Edo,Ondo As 25 Inmates Return
- News16 hours ago
Buhari’s Daughter Zahra Buhari, Says Palliatives In Warehouses Is Evidence Buhari Isn’t Nigeria’s Problem
- Metro24 hours ago
Shocking! Mentally Ill Patients ‘Escape’ As Hoodlums Raid A Psychiatric Hospital In Calabar (Video)
- Education16 hours ago
BREAKING: NECO Postpones Exams Indefinitely