The Presidential Advisory Committee for the Elimination of Drug Abuse has suggested that the adverts on alcohol and other recreational drugs be scrapped to discourage its use.
The suggestion was announced by the Chairman of the Committee, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa while appearing on Channels Television “Sunrise Daily”.
Gen. Buba Marwa said the recommendation of scrap of such advert which is contained in the 2019 report the committee submitted to President Buhari, will discourage its use.
“You really can’t say zero-alcohol because people have the rights. But when you consume more than is required and perhaps you are caught driving drunk, you know there is a penalty. So these penalties also have to be enforced. The drug control scourge in Nigeria, unless it is tackled, we are finished.”
He further disclosed that the second committee is expected to meet later this week and he would be “surprised” if the recommendations in its report does not “start in another month.”
- Citibank Recruitment 2020 for Treasury Risk Manager
- Latest Job Vacancies at Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society (CEMCS) Limited
- Latest Job in Ogun State for Sales Executives at Coleman Cables and Wires
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria as of September 21st 2020
- Latest Jobs In Agege Lagos for Accountant at Pukka Logistics & Support Services Limited
- Health13 hours ago
COVID-19: FG Issues Fresh Warning As Schools Finally Resume
- Politics13 hours ago
Edo 2020: APC Issues Fresh Directive To Oshiomhole, Others
- Education3 hours ago
UNILORIN Announces Resumption of Classes
- Education10 hours ago
BREAKING: Edo University Orders Students To Resume
- Metro4 hours ago
Ex-Minister Allegedly Strips Four Of His Hotel Staff Over N5000 (Photos)