Here are the top stories making the headlines of all Nigerian Newspapers
- The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Sunday night, has confirmed 555 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the current tally in the country to 40,532.
Explaining that Lagos recorded 156 cases, while Kano and Ogun has 65 and 57 respectively among others.
- The Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA, has condemned the silence of some stakeholders over the ongoing genocide in the Christian dominated Southern Kaduna State by armed Fulani herdsmen and armed mercenaries.
The group said it was irked that the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’iad Abubakar Muhammadu, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, the most senior Catholic clergy in Nigeria, Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, CBCN, and the national leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, were not speaking out in condemnation of the Federal and the Kaduna State governments.
- Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has explained why he left the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
In a letter of resignation addressed to the Bogoro ‘C’ Ward Chairman of the PDP, Dogara cited failure of governance in his home state, Bauchi, under the administration of Governor Bala Mohammed whom he helped install as a governor in 2019.
- Ibrahim Magu, the suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has declared that he will no longer hide but was now ready to fight back at orchestrated attacks against his person.
Magu said he will henceforth reply to all the allegations against him in public, in a statement made available to reporters by Wahab Shittu, Magu’s lawyer on Sunday.
- The All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Governors Godwin Obaseki (Edo) and Nyesom Wike (Rivers) were behind the violence at the Oba of Benin’s palace on Saturday.
The party said the destruction of property was “a glimpse into the do or die plot the PDP plans to unleash in the lead up to the September 19 Governorship Election.”
- Citibank Recruitment 2020 for Treasury Risk Manager
- Latest Job Vacancies at Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society (CEMCS) Limited
- Latest Job in Ogun State for Sales Executives at Coleman Cables and Wires
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria as of September 21st 2020
- Latest Jobs In Agege Lagos for Accountant at Pukka Logistics & Support Services Limited
- Education9 hours ago
UNILORIN Announces Resumption of Classes
- Health20 hours ago
COVID-19: FG Issues Fresh Warning As Schools Finally Resume
- Politics19 hours ago
Edo 2020: APC Issues Fresh Directive To Oshiomhole, Others
- Metro11 hours ago
Ex-Minister Allegedly Strips Four Of His Hotel Staff Over N5000 (Photos)
- Education16 hours ago
BREAKING: Edo University Orders Students To Resume