Five Bulgarian football fans have been arrested for racially abusing black England players during their Euro 2020 qualifying match on Monday night (Oct. 14).
Police were said to have tracked down supporters accused of targeting Three Lions players during the match in Sofia before arresting them later.
During the Euro 2020 qualifying clash, Bulgarian fans directed shameful ‘ Nazi salutes and racist chants at Three Lions players in Sofia. The match was halted on two separate occasions by UEFA officials due to abuse aimed at England players despite their 6-0 victory in Bulgaria.
The racism scandal has seen Borislav Mihaylo, the president of the Bulgarian Football Association resign from his position.
Last night, UEFA announced disciplinary proceedings against Bulgaria for ‘racist behaviour, throwing of objects, disruption of national anthem and replays on giant screen’. The governing body also decided to charge England as well, citing the Three Lions for ‘disruption of the national anthem’ and ‘insufficient number of travelling stewards’.
- Power Plant Operator (Gas Plant) in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- Purchasing Officer in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- HR Officer (Factory) in a Multinational Manufacturing Organization
- Massive Ongoing Recruitment in a Financial Investment Company in Nigeria for Graduates
- Lethal Machine Operator at Inner Galaxy Steel Company Limited
- Politics16 hours ago
BREAKING: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Edo Election
- National News22 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Faults President Buhari On Appointment Of Judges
- National News20 hours ago
BREAKING: FG, NLC Agree To Meet Over Electricity, Fuel Hike
- Politics5 hours ago
Check Out The States Controlled By PDP, APC After Edo Election (Full List)
- Metro22 hours ago
UPDATED: Graphic Photos, Video Of People Severely Burnt To Death In Petrol Tanker Explosion In Kogi