The US embassy in Nigeria has released a statement on its official website advising its citizens to reconsider traveling to Nigeria.
The statement followed the Friday killing of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani in a drone airstrike ordered by US president, Donald Trump.
Also, the statement might be unconnected with the recent demonstration of Shiite members over the killing of the Iranian general in Abuja which resulted in the burning of the US flag.
“Due to recent world events, U.S. citizens should review their personal security measures. While we have no specific threat information, it is prudent to remind ourselves of the following personal security actions to follow on a regular basis.
“Actions to take: Be aware of your surroundings; keep a low profile; avoid crowds and demonstrations; exercise caution when walking or driving at night; carry proper identification; review your personal security plans and monitor local media for updates.”
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria as of September 21st 2020
- Latest Jobs In Agege Lagos for Accountant at Pukka Logistics & Support Services Limited
- Agrostory Nigeria 2020 Farm Training Internship Programme for Nigerians
- Vacancies in Lekki, Lagos at Genesis Group for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- National News18 hours ago
APC rejects Edo governorship election result
- National News2 hours ago
COVID-19: FG Launches Online Portal For Nigerians To Access N75billion Survival Fund
- National News12 hours ago
FG opens online portal for Nigerians to access N75billion survival fund
- National News16 hours ago
The day you kill a ‘yahoo soldier’ is when you’ll be in deep trouble – Man in military uniform threatens SARS officers (video)
- Politics12 hours ago
Ohanaeze youths react on Obaseki’s victory, issues PDP ultimatum ahead of 2023 elections