Nollywood actor Adeniyi Johnson, in a new interview revealed how he was told to kiss Mercy Aigbe in a movie, despite being an up-coming actor.
The actor recounted the incident in the interview with The Punch , where he spoke on how he met the actress while he auditioned for the movie Return of Jenifa.
“MY NAME IS ADENIYI JOHNSON BUT THE NAME WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IF I HAD NOT MET MERCY AIGBE. OVER TIME, THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT HOW I ROSE TO BECOME A STAR. FEW PEOPLE THAT ARE CLOSE TO ME, KNOW MY SOURCE.
I AM NEVER SHY TO BE AFFILIATED WITH THE NAME, MERCY AIGBE. I HAD ATTENDED AN AUDITION FOR THE MOVIE, ‘THE RETURN OF JENIFA’. LUCKILY FOR ME, I WAS PICKED. I WAS TOLD I WOULD BE ACTING WITH MERCY AIGBE, EVEN THOUGH I WAS AN UP AND COMING ACTOR.
WHEN I GOT ON SET, FUNKE AKINDELE TOLD ME I WOULD BE KISSING MERCY AIGBE. I FELT SHE WASN’T SUPPOSED TO TELL ME, BECAUSE ACTING WITH HER ALONE GAVE ME TENSION, LET ALONE KISSING HER.”
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020
- Admin / Client Relationship Manager at Sauce Factory
- Jobs in Nigeria for Liaison Officer at United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Jobs in Nigeria at Olam Nigeria Recruitment 2020 for Graduate Trainees - Miller
- 2020 National Enterprise Challenge
National News4 hours ago
BREAKING: NLC Reaches Agreement With FG, Suspends Nationwide Strike
Politics1 hour ago
Ondo 2020: Watch Gov. Akeredolu Sharing Cash Notes In Akure (Video)
Metro4 hours ago
Roadside Mechanic Reportedly ‘Flees’ With Customer’s Car In Imo(Photos)
Metro18 hours ago
How A 1-Day-Old Baby Escaped Death In Lagos Gas Explosion